Monday, December 17, 2012

2012 Snowman Hats

My snowman hats seemed to gain in popularity this year.  I've made 5 so far, and I have one more left to make, which is the one for myself. 
 
 
This first one I made for my mom. She requested mainly red and white with some silver and green.  She also asked for a large 3-wick candle in the "top hat" rather than the fake candle I usually put in front with the decorations.  Mom was thrilled with hers and already put in an order for next year to give as gifts.
 

 
When she isn't burning the candle, she can put the lid on the top hat and you'd never know there was a candle inside!

 This one I made for my sister.  She loves the color purple, so requested the purple, blue, pink and green with a bit of silver!  She loved it!!
 
 
I think this is my extra one that I may end up selling.  

This one I think my 5 year old picked out for his kindergarten teacher.  We'll take the lid off and fill it with some homemade cookies for an extra special treat.


This one my boyfriend picked out to give his mom for a gift.  She loved it!


A tag I made just filling in time between hats.

All of the flowers on all of the hats were handmade by me.  The bigger flowers are designs by Natasha, her curly flower.  I really love that flower for Christmas items.  The other roses are all my own designs.  I love the roses, but I've been lazy and never made a tutorial to post!  Maybe I will do that soon!!  I did buy the Tim Holtz Pinecone die this year and made some pinecones that I stuck on some of the hats, but I have yet to get that one correct.  I wasn't too happy with how my pinecones turned out.

All of the other items are mini ornaments or craft/floral picks I buy at Walmart, Stephen's, Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and JoAnn's.

Thanks for looking!  I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

2 comments:

Tam said...

Please tell me there's a pattern for this and where it can be found?

Stephanie said...

There is no pattern that I know of..I make them of my own design. The bottom is a 10.25" round piece of plywood with a metal ridged coffee can on top. Spray it black and splatter white for snow...then create