Friday, April 12, 2013

Ranger Seasonal Color Palette:April contest

Ranger Ink is having a contest with their April color palette, so I decided to create a tag and join in the fun.
 
I started my tag using only the top piece, which was a smaller tag.  I covered it with vintage photo distress stain, then spritzed with water and dried.  I distress the edges using my Distrezz-It-All, then inked with chipped sapphire.  I embossed it with the Cuttlebug Leafy Branch folder, then embossed the raised leaves with Peeled Paint Distress Embossing Powder.  Once it was finished, I covered it with Mod Podge.
 
I stamped the nest with frayed burlap distress ink, then embossed with walnut stain distress embossing powder.  Fussy cut it out.  The bird was stamped with Chipped Sapphire (from the Tim Holtz Flights of Fancy), then embossed with antiquities frosted crystal and fussy cut out.  I stamped 'Listen to Your Heart' (from T.H. Flights of Fancy) in Coffee Archival Ink.
 
I cut the frame for the sentiment from Tim Holtz Die Tag & Bookplates, and cut out the middle circle part of it to make the sentiment fit.  The frame is also embossed with the Cuttlebug Leafy Branch folder.  I used brads to hold the two together.  The leaves and flourish are from the Heartfelt Creations Spellbinders Die Belle Rose.  The yellow I covered with puffy paint, then heated it up for a bubbly look.  The green has been sprayed with English Ivy glimmer mist.  The flowers were made from the Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms die. 
 
Once I had all my embellishments cut out, I knew there was no way I would get them all to fit on the original small tag.  So I cut the top off of it.  Got a bigger tag, inked with Vintage photo distress stain, and embossed with the Leafy Vine folder again.  Distress the edges and ink with Chipped sapphire.  I embossed the leaves with Peeled Paint Distress embossing powder, but didn't cover it with mod podge.


Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!

Stephanie

No comments: