Monday, January 25, 2021

10 Little Goldadors

10 Little Goldadors!

We woke up this morning to a brand new litter of puppies. We knew yesterday she was in labor and was hoping she would give birth during the day so we could watch, but she chose to do so overnight. Can't say that I blame her, she knew what to do and how to do it. We had her kept in a kennel in the back room with a gate separating the German Shepherd and Shihtzu from getting in there. They alerted us though by barking because of the sounds of new puppy cries! Birthing began around 11:30 P.M. and she was all finished and everything clean by the time we got up at 5:30 A.M.


Emmy is a pure bred golden retriever. This is her 2nd litter of puppies, but first of Goldadors. 


Is there anything sweeter than a bunch of brand new baby puppies? When I told my son that she was gonna have puppies, he asked what we were going to do with them. I said sell them. He said, but what if they are cute? (have you ever seen a puppy that wasn't cute???) and I chuckled and said, sell them. 


This is daddy, Stryker, with mommy, Emmy, prior to conception. Looks like they are actually in love. 💕

Here is Stryker just lounging on the couch one evening. Normally, they are both kept outside, but we let them in once in a while for some extra love and attention. 

Here are some of our favorite products that we use for all of our dogs to keep them healthy and strong. (As an Amazon associate, I will earn affiliate commissions on any product ordered through links on my blog at no additional cost to you.)

Salmon bites are great for their coats, leaving it looking healthy and shiny


With my German Shepherd, he is prone to get urinary tract infections when he is stressed or anxious, so I find these cranberry bites helpful with preventative treatment.



This is the dog food that we feed all 3 of the large breed dogs. I did a lot of research to find a healthy dog food that didn't cost a fortune. They have all done wonderfully on this food. We don't have any issues with digestion, stool, or dry spots.



This is what I give my Shihtzu. It's a little pricier than Diamond Naturals, but they don't make Diamond Naturals for small breeds. 



This is the dog crate I have raised my German Shepherd in. We've had it for 2 years now, and it is still holding up excellent! I looked and looked for an extra large crate that would grow with him, that didn't cost a fortune. For less than a hundred dollars, I found this. It's not made of heavy duty material, and I have had to buy one replacement bottom pan that I just picked up at Rural King, but otherwise, this has been an excellent crate. He no longer has to go in here with door locked unless he comes in muddy, but this has become his safe space. We leave the door open and he often lays in here just to be. 

Well, I'll finish bombarding you for today! Thanks for looking at my adorable dogs! I'll be back soon with posts about my current craft passion!

Stephanie

No comments: