Sunday, November 28, 2010

Loving' You is so Easy

Well, it's been a lazy Sunday for me.  We went to church this morning, followed by a quick trip to Walmart for some juice and dishwasher soap, then we came home put on our pajamas and vegged out in front of the TV.  I took a small cat nap, but I'm finally ready to get some stuff done.

This LO was for the November Leftovers challenge at Scrapbook.com.  Everything I used on this is leftover pieces of paper and leftover packages of embellies.  I took each background piece of paper, stictched twice around the edges with my machine then glued them together.  The flowers are all handmade by me out of scraps of paper.  I put some diamond dust and glimmer mist on some.  I'll try to get a tutorial up soon for them.  They are just another rose, but they are made a bit differently than the other tutorials I've seen.  No cutting out a petal or two. 

The title was printed and cut on my silhouette.  The outer frame on it I used pop dots to give it some dimension.  The journaling strips were printed in Microsoft Word and cut out and inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Broken China.  The leaves are a stamp from Heartfelt Creations that I practiced my coloring pencils on.  I used just some cheap Roseart colored pencils, odorless paint thinner and cotton balls to color them in.  I'm really starting to like how that works and next on my list is some Prisma coloring pencils.

Here is the layout along with some close ups.  Journaling reads: Your little upturned nose & precious painted toes.  Your silken curls & twinkling eyes, a beautiful smile that lights up the skies.  All of this & so much more makes loving you so easy!  You bring such joy & happiness into my life & I am so blessed that God gave you to me!  Love, mom


 Thanks for looking and have a great day!!

1 comment:

Cheryl Walker said...

Stephanie I love this layout and your BEAUTIFUL flowers hun!!!

thank you for your comment on my calendars and cant wait to see yours! I bet its beautiful :)

as for the stands I had hubby make them for me(the base was bought)to give as gifts for Christmas, thats why I have soooo many calendars done. Im giving a few different ones to each so they can switch them out through the year. Ive also made some recipe cards too, and just regular cards to hang :)

You will have to let me know when you post your calendar I would LOVE to see it :)

Hope you have a lovely day!
Hugs,
Cheryl