Whew...it's been a busy day! Who would've thought I'd go to work...and actually have to work??? LOL Sometimes, it is difficult to put aside my scrapbooking life and earn my paycheck. Today, I worked on helping them move boxes of files from the old office to the new office that we've been in for 4 years now! LOL But...they have gotten to build a new house and they have sold their old one...so yay for them!!!
My first altered project is this desktop calendar. I got the idea to make this from Cheryl @ http://sweeetdesignsbycheryl.blogspot.com/. I didn't take individual pictures of the steps to create it, because to be honest, I wasn't sure it was going to work. I used the backing on a pack of PP, the cardboard piece and cut it in half to be 2 6 X 12 pieces (you can make 2 calendars...lol!). I scored it at 6", 7 1/2" and 9". Then I folded it along each score line. The reason for the 7 1/2" fold is that when you set it up on the desk, that 3" piece would sit flat on the desk and not straight, so DH suggested folding that bottom piece to give it more stability. So...you'll have 3" that sit along the bottom (with a fold upwards in it) and you'll bring the last 3" of the piece up and glue it to the back of the 6" piece. Make sure the 6" piece sits at an angle, otherwise it will look silly. I'll take pics of this on my next calendar so you can see if I'm not explaining it right. I used hot glue to glue the back of it.
BUT...before you glue the back, add your patterned paper to the base. On this one, I only added patterned paper to the 6" piece, then added a 6" by 6" piece on the back to make it pretty. On the one I am working on now, I cut about 1/4" off the cardboard piece and wrapped patterned paper around the whole thing, so the back piece would look nice. I still only added a 6 x 6 back though.
The flourish I cut with my bigkick, inked the edges in vintage photo, then put antiquities embossing powder on it. The flower started out as Natasha's vintage blooms (link in the right side bar), but ended up taking on a life of it's own. The leaves I cut with spellbinders die and stamped the heartfelt creations open falling leaves on it. I then sprayed with copper & green ivy glimmer mist. The leaves in front of the swirl are also the spellbinders die, I just hot glued wire to the backs of them.
The calendar I made in Microsoft Word. If you'd like the file, please let me know and I will be happy to share it with you.
As always, thank you so much for stopping by and have a great day!!