Monday, October 11, 2010

like a Princess - new layout

Good morning!!!  How are you all doing today???  I am good although last night was quite a mess when my 3yr old  got sick in the car seat 30 seconds from where my parents were camping and I had no change of clothes!  I pretty much stuck him in the shower at the campground clothes and all b/c he was covered, as was the carseat and some of the backseat and my car is brand new!!!  Well, it is a couple months old...but oh....who wants vomit all over their leather and cloth seats in their new car??  Well...shoot...who would want it in an old car?  LOL  Poor little guy had to wear a pair of underwear and a towel until we rigged one of his daddy's shirts for him to wear!  He definitely felt better though after emptying his tummy!

Anyhow....this post is supposed to be about my newest LO that took me 3 days to finish and is full of techniques!!!  I created this for the DIY challenges over at  I'm really happy with the end results of this and Shelby is thrilled with it b/c she thinks it is beautiful!

The reason I titled this like a Princess is because I came home from work Wednesday and wanted to try an upside down french braid in her hair.  It took us 3 tries, but I finally got it right.  Then we put a clip in it and spread the ends over the top of it.  On our way to church that night, she was kind of bouncy and happy and all of a sudden she blurts out "I feel like a princess!"  Well, that certainly does a mom's heart good and I felt happy that I helped her to feel that way! it
 The first technique shown here is the UTEE background by Wendy G.  I stamped the Pink piece with a script stamp and embossed with antiquities frosted crystal.  Then, I used pearl UTEE thickly on the top and bottom corner.  I also used this technique on the black mat of my picture.  For the twist of created my own BG, I tried some puffy paint on my bg piece.  I did the ruffled distressed edges by Gabrielle P and then added puffy paint to the edges.  Once dry, I heated it up and let it puff and bubble and crackle.  The end result isn't quite what I had imagined, but its something different.
 Here, I tried to create the Ribbon Rosebuds by Lisa Gregory but they did not turn out good at all.  I'm going to have to ask someone to walk me through these a little better b/c I just couldn't get it.  The leaves are a stamp from Heartfelt Creations.  I stamped the small leaves with black archival ink, then shaded them with a true green colored pencil, then cut them out.  Shelby made the flower, it is also by Lisa Gregory
 I used Fiskars Threading water punch and then laced it up.  Out of the top I had some homemade bling and mini roses coming out of the laces.  The 2 darker butterflies I sprayed with Adirondack Color Wash in Cranberry and the lighter pink is sprayed with Sweet Pea Glimmer mist.  Then I covered them wtih star dust stickles.  I added some small white pearls to the center.  The butterflies were a gift from Kelly Tracy...thanks Kelly!!! 
OK...I think I've given everyone credit and explained everything that I can think of!  If I have left someone out that deserves credit, I sincerely apologize and please feel free to point it out to me!  Thanks for looking and have a great day!!


1 comment:

LISA said...

Girl!!! All of your flowers turned out amazing!!! Dont doubt yourself for a minute!!I love your rose buds!!! I will have to try the red, so elegant!! Beautiful LO!!